September 12, 2012

Cover Lover {57}

Of course we all know you should never judge a book by its cover, but do we ever really listen to that?
Cover Lover showcases eye catching, intriguing, and beautiful covers.
 





This week's Cover Lover goes to The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell
Publish Date: September 13, 2011
I first saw this book while I was scrolling through Amazon's cheap list and I fell in love. This is the kind of cover that immediately makes you want to know what the story inside is about. I love that everything is all silhouettey and the green mixed with black is both sinister and beautiful. Plus, (admittedly I didn't notice this until I was making the post) the little bird at the bottom? Doesn't his shadow look like a little boy? Intriguing... 

1 comment:

  1. I love this cover, and I've heard great things about the book as well! Doesn't it go well with Sarah Rees Brennan's Unspoken? I think they have the same feel with the slightly creepy slightly whimsical silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]