September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {1}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a category and everyone participating lists their "Top Ten" in that category.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me






1. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready 
I almost bought this at the Borders sale, but some other books called to me more and I am so regretting it now. I've been hearing so much about this lately (and the sequel) and all the love is really making me want to get my hands on it. 


2. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins 
I'm well aware that this doesn't come out until next Thursday, but it still feels like everyone's already read it! I am so beyond jealous. I am absolutely freaking DYING to read this one.


3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
This has been on my TBR since I read the synopsis at Costco one day. It sounded good, but I didn't really think much of it. When I finally got into the book blogging community, I quickly discovered that everyone's read this one and everyone loves it. I really need to read it, but my TBR is already so large :P


4. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Everyone was talking about this one a couple weeks ago when it released. I've only heard fantastic things so far, especially about the beauty of the writing and I'm so looking forward to reading it (hopefully soon as I saw it on the shelf at the library the other day and immediately snatched it up.)


5. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Is there anyone who hasn't read this series besides me? I know it's got the whole boarding school thing going for it, but I sadly haven't been able to get into vampire stories in a while. Hopefully I'll get over my weirdness soon so I can see what all the hype is about.


6. Going Too FarForget You by Jennifer Echols
I know they're not actually one book, but the way everyone talks it seems they would go hand in hand. I didn't find out about the awesomeness that is Jennifer Echols until Love Story came out this summer. After I read it, everyone kept telling me these two were her best and that I NEEDED to read them. These people will be happy to know Going Too Far is actually in my physical TBR and I do plan on reading it soon.


7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I was actually wanting to read this one before I found out everyone else read it and loved it. The fact that nearly everyone has read this one is just making the wait so much more impossible. My library has this thing about being super slow so sadly, I have yet to read this one :(


8. Iron Fey series Julie Kagawa 
I confess, I've actually read the first one. I'm sad to say it didn't really catch my interest (I know, don't hurt me, please.) Soon after starting my blog I realized there was some serious love going around for this series and it totally renewed my interest. Thanks book bloggers :]


9. The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
Like I said, I just haven't really been able to get into the whole vamp craze, but it seems like everyone's always talking about these. I see them in my library almost every visit now and debate picking them up. I'm pretty sure it'll happen one day, but I am a fantastic procrastinator. 


10. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I put this one on my TBR a while ago, but didn't really think much of it since werewolves aren't really my thing. Now, I'm a little more excited after the craze that surrounded the release of Wolfsbane

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I haven't read VA either! I MUST MUST MUST read The Iron Fey series! But I can't buy any more books, my TBR is already to huge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent is so, so good.

    I've got The Iron Fey and Vampire Academy on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]