Publish Date: October 2011
Thomas knows that WICKED can't be trusted. They stole his memories and locked him inside the Maze. They forced him to the brink of death by dropping him in the wilds of the Scorch. And they took the Gladers, his only friends, from him.
Noe WICKED says that the time for lies is over. That they've collected all the data they can from the Trials and will rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission: to complete the blueprint for the cure for the Flare. But Thomas must undergo one final test.
What WICKED doesn't know, however, is that Thomas has already remembered far more than they think. And it's enough to prove that he can't believe a word of what WICKED says. The time for lies is over. And the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever have imagined.
Will anyone survive the death cure?
The Death Cure was an absolutely fantastic end to the series. Now here's some reasons why:
1) Tons of heart-pounding action
2) Very little romance
3) Sob-inducing moments
4) An ending I could live with
1) If life hadn't gotten in the way, I think I would have finished this in one day. And that never happens for me. You might think all action all the time would get a little old, but it seriously doesn't. I was all tense and on the edge of my seat for basically the entire book. And the zombie-like Cranks were pretty darn freaky, but not too scary for those who aren't fans of horror.
2) Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good romance, I really do. But sometimes, I just want to read something that isn't all about the romance. The Death Cure is absolutely perfect for that. There's tiniest, slightest, minutest about romance, but it doesn't overpower the story at all. It's more like a tiny little footnote that still manages to fit into the story perfectly.
3) Fans of dystopia probably realize death is pretty common, but you know what, it gets me every time. And that is all I will say on the subject. You have to read it to find out more :P
4) I really, really enjoyed the ending. It answered enough of my questions and left me with a good overall feeling. And that's all I'll say about that as well so double :P
Series: Maze Runner #3
Review: 4.5 stars