July 21, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver {Review}

Publisher: HarperTeen
Publish Date: February 28, 2012
Source: Library
I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,pushing aside thoughts of Alex,pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,push,push,push,like Raven taught me to do.The old life is dead.But the old Lena is dead too.I buried her.I left her beyond a fence,behind a wall of smoke and flame.


Source

I’m sure by now you’ve probably read quite a few reviews for Pandemonium that go something like this “I couldn’t possibly put my feelings for this book into words” or “What in the world just happened?!” And that pretty much sums it up. I’m not going to write my usual review for this one since I feel like basically anything I say would be a spoiler, but I will say that Lauren Oliver has written a solid sequel.

Everything about Pandemonium is a journey. There’s literal journeys and emotional journeys and every last one of them are spectacular.  Almost everything feels entirely real, like it actually could’ve happened on its own without too much luck.

It did feel a little stagnant at some parts, but I know that it can’t always be about action and life-risking.
 The Nutshell: Pandemonium is a fantastic sequel that is likely to satisfy (at least for the duration of the book) lovers of Delirium

Pages: 375
Series: Delirium #2
Rating: Hit

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. I have so many FEELINGS about this book. The ending. !?!?!?! I can't wait to read the next one!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! This book! So good. Your summary perfectly describes how I felt. I was all I NEED THE THIRD BOOK RIGHT NOW when I finished. Hahah :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]