This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Books For 2013 (singles/debuts/beginnings)
I only included singles/debuts/beginnings in my list because it'd be unfair if I included all the awesome sequels and finales coming out. And yet...I still couldn't stop at 10 :P
1. Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
The Day and Night populations sound like such a cool concept. I don't even really know that much about it, but the concept sounds neat.
2. In the After by Demitria Lunetta
1) It sounds like aliens. 2) I like the idea of a baby being involved without someone being pregnant It's something I've never seen before.
3. Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown
I don't really get uber excited about contemps, but I feel like sexting is something that's rarely touched on despite the fact that it's become a pretty big thing these days.
4. Prophesy of Oz by Megan Shan
The Wizard of Oz was never my favorite story or anything, but I'm really intrigued by the idea of a sort of sequel.
5. Rush by Eve Silver
Aliens? A game that determines life or death for the whole planet? Outer. Space? Um, yes, I think so.
6. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
What are these mysterious waves? And are they zombies or aliens? Or alien-zombies?! It's safe to say I'm intrigued.
7. The Program by Suzanne Young
To be quite honest, it's basically a combination of Suzanne Young, the cover, and the title. I love anything that has something to do with a "Program" of any kind.
8. Taken by Erin Bowman
We've got a mysteriously wall that nobody can cross and disappearing boys. How could I not want to read it? I NEED to know what's on the other side of the wall!
9. Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff
It's a Rumpelstiltskin retelling! Like, for reals, guys.
10. After Eden by Helen Douglas
I'm really intrigued by this one because it's a little similar to a dream I had not that long ago and wanted to write about. Plus, I just love other planets.
11. Monsters by Tom Leveen
I don't need to know anymore than this: "A YA horror/thriller about a group of teens stranded insidetheir high school during a mysterious, deadly epidemic."
12. Splintered by A.G. Howard
Alice. In. Wonderland.
13. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Guys, guys, guys! It's like a ghost library thing! Liiibrary, I say. Library.