|Image created by Emily of Emily's Reading Room|
This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA. Heck, it's the first year I even know what BEA is :P I'm excited to be joining in this year, though and hope to be able to participate to the fullest. To start out my participation this year, we have my introduction post :]
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I think my About Me and sidebar description sum me up pretty well so I won't delve any further into the Who I Am bit. I've been blogging for a year on the 21st of this month. I started A Room with Books for two main reasons 1) I was starting to feel like I wasn't getting much out of my reading anymore and 2) I was lacking hobbies in my life and the blog helped clear up both problems nicely :]
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I'm currently reading Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (finally!). As for my favorite of 2012 so far? Well, I can't possibly choose :P
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
Hmm..good question. I love to freak myself out with thrillers and horror movies but I tend to jump at every little shadow. I don't even like doing laundry in my apartment building after dark :P
4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I love the My Current Obsession feature I do sporadically, because though I've only featured tv shows on it so far, it could be anything I want it to be. I like the freedom to share parts of my life that aren't necessarily bookish.
5. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
I like to think that my Broke? Here's some tips for free books. could help some people out :]
6. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
To be quite honest, I'm not the best people person (I'm working on it). I always clam up and get all stuttery and never know what to say. That being said, I'd love to attend a dinner that had John & Hank Green, their wives, Stephanie Perkins, Tahereh Mafi, and Kiersten White in attendance. I'm pretty sure it'd be a riot.
7. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
That would be Artime from Lisa McMann's The Unwanteds which I happened to review on the blog today :]
8. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I love the simple fact that it is a community. Even though we each have our own little corner of the internet, it's like we're a part of something bigger.
If I were to see anything, it would just be less drama. I know I can't expect it to ever completely disappear, but I've seen quite a bit of drama since I joined the community nearly a year ago.
9. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
My tastes haven't really changed all that much, but I do read more contemporary now :]