June 15, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness info.



So a while back I did a post about how to get books when you're flat broke. You can check it out here. At the time I didn't know much about Random Acts of Kindness and what I did know I didn't understand, so I didn't include it. I've since learned about it and I've been happily doing it for months so I thought I'd share it with you guys here (especially since I'm terrible at making my recap posts :P).

RAK is this awesome thing hosted by Book Soulmates which makes a giant list of bloggers who want to participate. In order to participate and be included on the list everyone must have a wishlist (but, I mean come on, who doesn't have a wishlist?). From there, people can decide to send you books using your wishlist or you can decide to send someone a book using theirs. Nothing is required of anyone, but in my personal opinion, it's just as fun to send books as it is to get them.

I have a whole box of books I've gotten from trips to Half Price and thrift stores for the sole use of RAK and trades. I figure what's $5 to me when it could totally make someone's day :D

For a more in depth description or the to sign up for June, you can go here.

2 comments:

  1. I've been participating the last couple of times. I can't afford to send books out right now, so I make custom blog designs for people on RAK. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I wasn't aware of this but it sounds like a really good idea. I'll have to consider joining:)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]