March 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday {14}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a category and everyone participating lists their "Top Ten" in that category.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list


Actual Spring Reads:
1. Fear by Michael Grant
As soon as this book comes in from the library, I'll be reading it. I'm addicted to this series and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next in the FAYZ!

2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Yeah, I'll definitely be reading this one as soon as it comes in at the library. Or maybe I'll break my budget and buy it... :P

3. A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
I fell head-over-heels in love with The Search for WondLa and I'm really, really looking forward to the sequel. I'll be getting my hands on this one as soon as I'm able.

4. The Selection by Kiera Cass
Since this is already set to become a show I really want to make sure I read it before it becomes the next big thing. I like to be one of the first to know these things :P

Why-Haven't-I-Read-These-Before-Now Spring Reads:
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I really have been meaning to read this, but the library doesn't seem to want to send me a copy anytime soon.

6. Starters by Lissa Price
I've been hearing absolutely fantastic things about this one and it's on this half of the list because I actually have an ARC sitting on my shelf. I promise I'll get to it sooon.

7. Demonglass and Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
I just read Hex Hall last week and really liked it. As soon as I finished I went onto the library website and put these two on hold. I'm kind of glad I waited until I could read them all at once though!

8. Fever/Pandemonium/Hallowed 
That's right, I do what I want so I shoved these all in one number :P I figure it kind of works since they're all really popular sequel books. (seems like perfectly good reasoning, no?) Once again, my library still hasn't gotten these to me or else they probably would have been read long ago.

9. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
When this came out everyone was talking about how awesome it is. I actually have it checked out from the library right now, so I'll definitely be getting to it soon.

10. Something John Green
I will do it this spring! I promise all of you, so you better hold me to it.

Bonus:
11.Hunger Games reread
I've really been wanting to reread these because of the movie, but I want to wait until AFTER the movie so I don't sit there and pick it apart.

9 comments:

  1. Great list! I am definetly going to read Insurgent and The Selection when they come out. I am also planning to read a John Green book soon but I'm not sure which book I want... possibly Paper Towns? Hex Hall is actually on its way to me right now so I can't wait to get cracking on it so I can read the whole series! Also, Starters and Cinder look really good too! Oooooh and The Hunger Games! Probably one of my favourite series ever! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big big YES to Insurgent! And I really need to start the Hex Hall series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Insurgent and The Selection on my list too. Cinder was great. Hope you get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I loved The Probability Of Miracles, Starters, Fever, Pandemonium, and Hallowed! And yay for John Green. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Green is awesome, I'm planning on reading An Abundance of Katherines very soon! I can't wait for Insurgent either!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks!! I can't wait to read Divergent so that I can read the second book. I had no idea it was already out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! You picked all books I either LOVED or really want to read myself. Cinder and Starters were two of my favorite books so far this year, I also really liked Hallowed and The Probability of Miracles. I am DYING to read Spell Bound, but I stalked it down at the library today when it was still in processing, so since it wasn't in the system yet, I was able to get the FIRST hold, and I can't wait to pick it up later this week! You should be glad you didn't start this series until now, the end of Demonglass is a killer cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choices! The Hunger Games series is amazing and I'm excited to read Pandemonium one day soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay John Green! I really need to read WondLA and The Probability of Miracles- I've heard such fantastic things about both books!! And of course- I'm also super duper excited for INSURGENT!! And I'm meeting Veronica Roth for the second time (!!) in April, right before it comes out which should be fun!

    Great List!

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]