August 18, 2012

In My Mailbox {51}

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.


I'm sorry, but I simply didn't get around to making a video this week but I have three lovely pictures!

First up we have my library books of the last two weeks.

The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone
This was a middle grade that caught my eye on the shelf a while back, but I already had way too many library books out. Now I'm getting around to it :]

Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan
I've pretty much sworn off vampires save for a few exceptions and this one happens to be one of them. I mean, how can I pass up a comedy vampire book?!

Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral 
I hadn't planned on reading this one until I'd seen a few good reviews of it so when I saw it on display at the library the other day I figured why not?

Then we have some ARCs from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Scorch by Gina Damico
I actually really enjoyed Croak, so I'm looking forward to the sequel :]

The Suburban Strange by Nathan Kotecki
I saw this one in their catalog and thought it sounded like an interesting mystery read, so I requested it.

The Wrap-Up List by Steven Arntson
The premise for this one sounds so strange! And I do love me some strange...

And finally, the books I bought and a contest winning!

Bought:
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
I have the first book in the series and when I saw the second for 99 cents I snatched it up. I love this series and I'm glad to finally own the first two!

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockheart
I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard amazing things about it, so I when I got a 20% off coupon for B&N, I decided to go with this. And yes, I like the new covers better :P

Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
I've been wanting to read this one for years now. I took it off the shelf at my old library a few times but never got around to it. After that, it never seemed to be on the shelf at all, so I snatched it up when it was available for 99 cents at Value Village.

The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby
This is another middle grade I spied on the shelves at my old library when I was volunteering there. One of my main jobs was to dust the MG shelves, so I added quite a few of them to my TBR :P

Giveaway:
I recently won an awesome giveaway from Gina Linko, author of the upcoming Flutter. I won a $25 gift card to the indie of my choice, so she sent me an American Express gift card :]



3 comments:

  1. Chopsticks looks super interesting! Good job restraining yourself from the library. ;) Suburban Strange also looks pretty different. Great haul this week!

    My Weekly Book Haul:
    http://thedancingreaderreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/weekly-book-haul-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Awakening and The Boyfriend List, so I hope you enjoy those two as well as everything else! Happy Reading! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really good things about Chopsticks I'd like to check that out and The Awakening is so good. I love Kelley Armstrong's writing =) I hope you enjoy everything.

    My IMM =)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]