February 27, 2013

February update: And Chuck makes 4!

The month as described by My Little Pony:
Source
For some reason February felt crazy even though nothing really happened.


Some Happenings:

- Scarlet launch party
I got the chance to go to the Marissa Meyer's launch party for Scarlet (first launch party ever!) and it was interesting... Nothing was bad about the launch itself, but I had to take a two hour bus ride (and the bus was late). I finally got there about 10 minutes late, listenend to Marissa talk for a while and read from Scarlet, then it was time to wait to get my book signed. For a long time. So long, in fact, that I still hadn't gotten my book signed and was less than 10 minutes from missing the last bus home. Luckily, Marissa's husband was nice enough to give me a ride to the bus stop with more busses (oes that make sense?) Sorry I don't have any pictures Still working on that.

- Visited home
Which by the way, is a really small town (our school is pre-k - 12) two hours from where I currently live. It's the first time we visited since...last October, maybe? Jacob had a three-day weekend so we had time enough to visit both families as well as some good friends.
Chuck Taylor watching the candle

- Got a cat
While we were visiting home we got a cat. There's a whole post about it if you wish to know more.

- My brother visited
My younger brother visited and we basically sat around did nothing which is what we do every time he comes up :P Usually he picks a game to beat while he's up and he was this close to beating Minish Cap. He was also bent on rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist. Which he did.
- Game Night
We actually did do something when he was up this time, though. It was a lot of nothing, yeah, but the EMP (Experience Music Project) was doing this Game Night thing to launch a new exhibit which we went to. Old games like Tetris, Pitfall, Super Mario Bros. 3, etc. were up on a big screen open for people to play on. It was neat, but also a little bit of a letdown. I'm glad I got to take my brother, though :]

- Decided to get healthy
You should already know these posts are bound to get personal, but here's your warning just for the record.
I don't generally talk about this at all (let alone to the internet) so it's a little scary. I'm underweight. Okay, I know a lot of you are cursing me right now, but I'm not saying it to be that way. It's actually a problem. I finally realized I needed to do something about it when I got lightheaded and couldn't really breathe at work a week ago or so. So you know, I don't intentionally not eat or anything like that, I just don't make good food choices and sometimes just forget to eat. So, I'm working on it.

Some Current Favorites:
I started watching them a while ago, but got distracted by other things and didn't make it past the 25th episode or something like that. This month I just put it on again one day and proceeded to watch the rest immediately. You should definitely watch it if you haven't since it's fantastic. By the way, I've never read P&P and don't plan to. I said it.

- So Delicious coffee creamer
I have a weird stomach. Sometimes it doesn't get along well with milk and it never gets along with too much coffee. So, I figured it couldn't hurt to at least take the dairy out of the equation and I'm not sure I'll go back. It is delicious (yes, like the name ;])

- Owl socks
I <3 these socks.

Song: Well, I don't just have one this month soooo. Skinny Love by Bon Iver perfored by Birdy, Red Hands by Walk off the Earth, Gang of Rhythm by Walk off the Earth, Little Talks by of Monsters and Men, Angel Beats theme (the videos for the Walk off the Earth songs are good so you should look them up :])

Show: OMG ANGEL BEATS WATCH NOW GO. Ahem, and I've been watcing the 3rd season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
(I was going to use the opening scene, but this one is one of my favorites and I couldn't resist)

Movie: Warm Bodies. Not that much like the book, but really good in it's own right. Also, Nicholas Hoult.
Source
Book: Skylark by Meagan Spooner, The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe, and Pivot Point by Kasie West

3 comments:

  1. So I just looked up Walk Off The Earth and they're awesome! Thanks for the rec :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did more in your February then I did in mine. If I did a post summing up my month it would basically be all AHHH SCHOOL IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME SO MUCH WORK AHHH. And I don't think anyone really wants to read that :P

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Printer Technical Support bunch here to gives the course of action printer not started screw up code 10 make a call to our Expert's gathering on Printer Customer Support Number 1-888-633-7151. Here you will get 24*7 limitless assistance or Online assistance by Printer Customer care gathering.
    printer offline windows 10

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]