October 14, 2011

TGIF {4}

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. Each week she poses a question and everyone is invited to join in and share their answers :]


This week's question:
Show & Tell: Where do you grab a book and get lost in it? Show us your favorite spot you like to read at.


So I was really lazy and forgetful this week and didn't end up taking my pictures until around midnight last night. I would say this is why you guys are stuck with bad pictures, but the real secret is that I'm pretty bad at taking pictures :P


Anyway, the reason you're here is to find out my favorite spot to lose myself in a book. The honest answer is rather boring though. Here's the thing: I read everywhere. Seriously. I can read any where, any time as long as I want to. I'll read in a restaurant, in the car, standing up in a room full of people, walking down the street -- you name it, I'm there reading. Since this answer is pretty anti-climactic (and not really picture possible) I took some pics of the places you're most likely to find me with a good book. 


The first place is my couch. It's not a very pretty couch, but my green and purple blanket covers that up quite well ;] Just like in the picture, I'll most likely be found there with a nice cozy blanket, some tea, and my adorable Pug dog. 


The second place you'll find me is my bed since I always, always read before going to sleep. In fact, I usually fall asleep in the middle of reading. Since I know you're thinking it, yes, that's a ladder and it really is that close to the ceiling (I have a terrible fear of things hiding under my bed and it's simply impossible this way). I don't actually read in bed much besides when I'm laying down for the night since my walls are super obnoxious and tend to mess with my eyes. I'm not quite sure what my 13-year-old self was thinking with that paint choice...



What are your favorite reading spots?

5 comments:

  1. I curl up on the couch, and one of my cats usually sits with me - it's nice to have quiet company when I read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The couch is always a winner...but I gotta admit, that bed scares me a bit! lol I'm imagining lots of accidental head banging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bed is my favorite reading spot, although a good armchair is nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. Definitely hard to be sad in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, doggie looks cozy :) That's a cool bed! Definitely nothing hiding under there! Great reading spots!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]