December 2, 2011

2012 Books I'm Excited For (Contemporary Edition)

There are SO many books I'm excited for in the coming year. I decided to do a little mini-series until the end of the year about all the books I'm looking forward to in 2012. This week's theme is Contemporary.
I never used to think I was a big fan of contemporary, but after starting my blog, I've discovered I actually enjoy them. Usually I'm into the more cutesy, feel-good contemps, but I'm hoping to branch out and try some others this year too :]
(P.S. I have no idea what's up with my images showing up all wonky. If you click on the titles, it'll take you to their goodreads page and you can see the full images and descriptions there.)



Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
Publish Date: August 21, 2012
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
I absolutely adore books with food in them since it puts two of my biggest loves together. Not only does this one have that, but it also has that behind-the-scenes element since it's about a reality tv show.

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by 
Publish Date: July 3, 2012
Publisher: Farrar Straus & Giroux
First of all, awesome title, right? Second, I'm loving the idea of a rich girl who has to work 52 different low-income jobs to earn her trust fund. This is bound to be hilarious.


Seven Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker

Publish Date: April 26, 2012

Publisher: Penguin Group USA, Inc
Cute romance plus a scavenger hunt? I am so there!

Shooting Stars by 

Who doesn't love a good story about an average girl falling in love with a movie star? Plus, I've never read a story about someone with a paparazzi job, let alone a teen.

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams

Publish Date: January 3, 2012
Publisher: Walker & Comp
I love that the characters are going to different countries for a foreign exchange program. I'm guessing that means lots of different boys...

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by 



The Boy Project: Notes and Observations of Kara Mcallister by 


Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
Publish Date: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
This one looks so adorable! And yeah, I have a soft spot for the best-guy-friend-love-interest thing.

Getting Over Garrett Delaney by 

This one has the best-guy-friend-love-interest thing going for it...except it's pretty one-sided. In fact, he doesn't like her back at all and actually loves someone else. Now she has to work through getting over him. I think it's really interesting to see a story with the main story-line as getting over the guy instead of getting him.



Amy & Roger's Epic Detour really got me into road trip books. This one looks especially good since it's about 3 friends who've grown apart but decide to catch their old favorite band on their final tour.


My Life Next Door by 



First Comes Love by 









(No cover art yet)









What about you guys? Any contemporary books you're excited for in the coming year?
(And while we're talking about contemps, don't forget to sign up for my big sib's 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for listing some of these. I have seen and forgotten some, already yes, sadly. However, now I have you!

    I was an exchange student and have living in several countries. So the International Kissing Club is right up my alley! I love it!

    New Follower!!

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]