December 2, 2011

TGIF {9}

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. Each week she poses a question and everyone is invited to join in and share their answers :]


This week's question:
 Writing Reviews 101: What's your process for writing book reviews? Any tips or suggestions you would recommend to other bloggers?

I always write my review for one books before I start another book. I've heard people say they're twelve reviews behind and I can't help but think "how in the world do you do it?" I'd never be able to remember all my feelings about a book if I didn't get my thoughts down. It almost feels like I'd be cheating the book if I waited to write my review.

Another thing I like to do is write my thoughts down while I'm reading. Sometimes I just have a strong thought about this or that in the middle of reading and I like to make sure I don't forget it. I used to carry a notebook around with me, but that got a little annoying so I ended up abandoning it and just writing my thoughts on little scraps of paper and sticking them in the book.

When writing the review itself, I make sure say a few good things about the book whether I was a big fan or not. To me, kindness is a very important thing to keep in mind when reviewing.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree about being kind in book reviews. Even if I ended up not completely loving a novel, I always try to point out something I did like about it.

    And yes, I really hope that I'll become organized enough to review right after reading a book. As of yet, it hasn't happened, and not for lack of trying!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]