August 11, 2012

Series' reviews: Another Jekyll; Hero for WondLa; Spell Bound; & Thumped

Since reviews for books in a series aren't very fun to read if you haven't read book 1 I've decided to make my series' reviews shorter and put multiple books in a post. This will hopefully be better for all of my readers, but it'll definitely help out me and my surplus of reviews :P


Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publish Date: March 13, 2012
Source: Publisher for honest review
Pages: 256
Series: Another #3 (Final book in series)
Rating: Miss
Goodreads
Full review
The Nutshell: Overall, I don’t have very much to say about Another Jekyll, Another Hyde because in the end it’s a book I don’t really have feelings for either way. I didn’t really hate it, but at the same time I spent almost the entire book counting the pages until I was finished. If you’ve read the other two books in the series and loved them then you may want to give this one a shot, but I never had some “ahh, that was definitely worth 240 pages. I’m glad I stuck with it” moment.

Publisher: Simon & Schuster's Childrens Books
Publish Date: May 8, 2012
Source: Bought/Own
Pages: 437
Series: WondLa #2
Rating: Hit


The Nutshell: A Hero for WondLa is a great sequel. If you loved The Search for WondLa then you’ll enjoy the sequel, and if you haven’t read The Search what in the world are you still doing here?! Go read it! We continue to learn about the fantastic world of Orbona, meet new characters, reunite with old characters, and continue on the journey with Eva and Rovee to save the planet.

 Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Publish Date: March 13,2012
Source: Library
Pages: 336
Series: Hex Hall #3 (final book)
Rating: Hit
Goodreads
Full review

The Nutshell: Overall, Spell Bound is a good end to the Hex Hall series. The same humor and wit is there, same as always, and everything gets tied up rather nicely. If you enjoyed the other two books in the series, then you’ll almost surely enjoy this one as well!

 Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publish Date: April 24, 2012
Source: Library
Pages: 290
Series: Bumped #2 (last in duo)
Rating: Hit

The Nutshell: If you enjoyed Bumped, I'm almost certain you'll love Thumped. The focus is more on the characters and the story this time around instead of the crazy world and the silly language. If you're a big fan of world-building, don't let that deter you since the foundation of the world was set in book one and doesn't really require more explanation.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first three, but I did read Thumped, and I agree with you there. It was interesting to see how they tied everything up in the end, and I felt like the silly language wasn't quite as bad this time around (it was a bit distracting in the first book).

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I keep seeing the Hex Hall series when I come to your blog... Maybe it's a sign I should read them!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]