August 21, 2012

Top Ten Books I've read since starting my blog


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a category and everyone participating lists their "Top Ten" in that category.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog


1. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This was the first contemporary I picked up because it was all over the blogosphere and I absolutely adored it! It had me laughing out loud a few times.

2. Anna and the French Kiss + Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I love them both for different reasons, but since I can only have ten I combined them :P Perkins is a master at creating realistic and swoon-worthy romances so her books will most likely always end up on my favorites lists.

3. Delirium + Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
This woman knows how to rip my heart out, stomp on it, and put it back together over and over, but I love it.

4. The Maze Runner (Scorch Trials) (Death Cure) series by James Dashner
This is such a strangely different dystopian series and I just love everything about it

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
If you've read this one then you know why it will always be among my favorites. If you haven't, then know that it's a freaking amazing dystopian with a kick-a** main and you need to read it.

6. The Search for WondLa + A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
This is one epic and awesome middle grade. It's kind of science fiction since Eva wakes up on what she believes to be planet Earth and discovers that it's actually a planet covered with multiple alien races and things like man-eating plants. Plus, you guys, there's illustrations!

7. Hex Hall series (Demonglass) (Spell Bound) by Rachel Hawkins
I actually didn't know about this series until I started blogging and then I put it off and put it off thinking it wasn't for me. Finally, enough prodding from different people got me to pick the first one up and I fell in love.

8. The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
This book is freaking amazing. The blurb on the cover calls it "a mix between The Hunger Games and Harry Potter" and while it has elements of both, don't go comparing them. McMann created a crazy awesome world with magic that's used through creative abilities like drawing and music. If you're at all interested in MG, give this one a try.

9. Looking for Alaska by John Green
Believe it or not, I didn't know about John Green before blogging. I remember picking up LfA off a discount book table at WalMart ages ago and putting it back down because it didn't sound that interesting to me. Boy was I wrong! I'm kind of glad I read it when I did, though, because it helped me through a tough time. Seriously, though. If you haven't read any JG, do so, and start with this one.

10. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
This book. It's both strange and wonderful. It's certainly not your typical middle grade and the writing itself is astounding! This one definitely deserves a look.

11. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
I know this is too many, but I simply couldn't leave any of these books off the list. Sloppy Firsts is another book I'd heard nothing about until blogging, but then I heard SO many things. And yeah, it's definitely worth all the praise.

7 comments:

  1. There are some good picks there! I LOVED Divergent and Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Delirium. I tried to listen to Anna and the French Kiss, but I got through 1 cd and couldn't stand it, not my read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved the ones I have read on this list so I really need to make sure I read the others soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad more people are hearing of Jessica Darling! I read Sloppy Firsts when it first came out (almost 11 years ago now) and pushed it on as many people as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was on my list til Our Fault In The Stars knocked it off. So good. I recently picked up The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to read the Jessica Darling series. I even own them! I really loved Amy and Roger. I have Second Chance Summer at home to read. Thanks for the great list! Here is mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-1a1

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many on here I haven't read yet but own. I love this list (well except the Alaska book, but I will forgive you that one ;) )

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]