January 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday {9}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a category and everyone participating lists their "Top Ten" in that category.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012




I decided to half and half on new books and parts of a series because I didn't want my list to be completely dominated by books that everyone and their mother already knows about.


1. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan [The Heroes of Olympus]
I love all the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books and I'm anxiously awaiting this next one especially since it seems Annabeth may get a chance at the spotlight for once...


2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth [Divergent]
If you haven't read Divergent yet, then go out and read it right now and then you'll understand why this one makes it onto my top ten.

3. Fear by Michael Grant [Gone] 
This series is crazy and insane and I love it to death. Some people are a little disgruntled the series is so long, but I actually enjoy them all, so I say, the more the merrier!


4. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver [Delirium]
Oh my gosh, that ending! I would've given my right arm (so long as they returned it once I was finished) to read Pandemonium when I turned the last page of Delirium. That was one serious cliffhanger of an ending and had me dying for more.


5. Fever by Lauren DeStefano [The Chemical Garden]
Though Wither didn't end in a cliffhanger, I'm still excited to jump back into a world that's written about so beautifully. Plus, I'm still looking forward to finding out what happens next :P


6. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Hello, guys! Zombies! I'm all over that one, of course. Plus, it's not often I come across a zombie story where the MC doesn't want to survive. Yeah, my interest has definitely been piqued. 


7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I've heard so many fantastic things about this one already, plus it has that added bonus of the whole book happening within a 24-hour window. There's just something enticing about 24 hours.


8. Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
I love books with food since that's my second biggest passion in life. So there's that, but the thing that puts this one over the top is the fact that it's about a teen reality cooking show. That is so beyond awesome.


9. 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
The concept of this one is just perfect. Stuffy rich girl who's forced into working jobs the average teenager has to endure? That's definitely a recipe for hilarity and awesomeness. 


10. The Selection by Kiera Cass
I'm not going to lie. The synopsis is pretty intriguing, but the thing that makes me keep coming back to this one? The cover, plain and simple.

3 comments:

  1. Great list!! :) Can't wait for Insurgent, Pandemonium, Fever, and TSPOLAFS as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Not a Test sounds fantastic! Zombies are pretty awesome.

    I'm also a new follower. :)


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Looking forward to Insurgent and Pandemonium.

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]