February 3, 2012

TGIF {15}

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. Each week she poses a question and everyone is invited to join in and share their answers :]

This week's question: Book Appeal: When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

I'm not afraid to admit it: the first thing that always catches my eye is the cover. If the cover is pretty or interesting I'm immediately clicking on it and figuring out why I haven't heard about it before. After that, it's all about the synopsis -- and I'll tell you now if the synopsis is too long, I won't bother. Yes, I have a short attention span, but I'm okay with that.


When it comes to reviews, if one of my favorite bloggers is totally pimping out a book, it's likely I'll immediately go add it to my TBR if it wasn't there before.


What about you guys? What makes you pick up a book and give it a chance?





3 comments:

  1. You know what? I completely agree with your answer! That's exactly what I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a cover girl. I'll read books with unapealing covers if I've heard good things from others, but if I'm browsing the unknown, it's cover and title that get me to pick something up and check out the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about favorite bloggers loving books. I've found a few who have very similar tastes to me, so if they love something, I know I usually will too.

    By the way, I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]