September 19, 2012

Cover Lover {58}

Of course we all know you should never judge a book by its cover, but do we ever really listen to that?
Cover Lover showcases eye catching, intriguing, and beautiful covers.
 





This week's Cover Lover goes to The Glimpse by Claire Merlse
Publish Date: June 7, 2012 (In UK, that is. Anyone know if or when a US date is?)
I love this cover so hard! The script is swirly and pretty, the blue is lovely, and look at the metaphor! Okay, so I don't really know what the barbed wire-wrapped heart has to do with the story, but I have the distinct feeling that it actually means something to the story. (Sidenote, did I use the wrong word? Is it supposed to be imagery or something?) Plus, that heart is made out of wood! I have no idea if that has some deeper meaning, but I think it's really cool.
And, of course, I'm digging the simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]