December 17, 2011

2012 Books I'm Excited For (Dystopian edition)

There are SO many books I'm excited for in the coming year. I decided to do a little mini-series until the end of the year about all the books I'm looking forward to in 2012. This week's theme is Dystopian.
If you read my blog then you probably know how big of a fan I am of dystopian by now. I just love the worlds that have been ravaged by some unknown problem and learning about the society that has to put itself back together again. It's like getting a whole new world without all the confusion (for me, at least) of high fantasy.


For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Publish Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Blazer + Bray
A genetic experiment decimated humanity and now most technology is outlawed. Does that not sound like the start of a good dystopian? Plus, just look at that gorgeous cover.


Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Publish Date: June 5, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Normally, natural disaster dystopians don't really interest me that much, but the fact that this is also a story about a group of teenagers being stuck inside a superstore really caught my interest. There's all sorts of things that could happen with teens in a place filled with nearly everything one could possibly imagine.


The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
Publish Date: May 22, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollin's Children's Books
I'm fairly certain this book has something to do with Atlantis since it's the first in the series called The Atlanteans and how seriously awesome is that?!  There's definitely not enough underwater books in print.


The Selection by Kiera Cass
Publish Date: April 24, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
For some reason I get kind of a The Bachelor vibe off this book. I'm not entirely sure why that intrigues me since I don't watch the show, but it does. Plus, how can that gorgeous cover not draw you in?


Partials by Dan Wells
Publish Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
This book seems pretty dark with it partial humans and mandatory pregnancy laws, but I definitely love my dystopians dark.


Pure by Julianna Baggott
Publish Date: February 8, 2012
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
I love that this is a desolate world where people struggle to survive in the After, but there's still that elite few that get special treatment and this time that comes in the form of a dome. I'm a sucker for a main character who was going along just fine and then gets hit with some life-changing news and Pure has me covered there.


This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summer
Publish Date: June 19, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
I have one word for you guys: ZOMBIES! And that's all you really need to know.


The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
Publish Date:February 1, 2012
Publisher: Usborne
I think this is another zombie book, but it's also about people, a girl inn particular, that have been locked up underground for years. Now they're seeing the world for the first time. It sounds like it has the potential for great world-building.


Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Publish Date: January 13, 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen
This world sounds so strict and scary. I mean, it says soldiers have replaced the police. That's almost scarier than having no rules at all.

1 comment:

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]