December 10, 2011

2012 Books I;m Excited For (Middle Grade edition)

There are SO many books I'm excited for in the coming year. I decided to do a little mini-series until the end of the year about all the books I'm looking forward to in 2012. This week's theme is Middle Grade.
I've recently gotten back into MG. I haven't read too much lately, but I look forward to reading it in the coming year :] Since I just got back into it recently, there's not too many on my list. If you think there's some others I might be interested in (new or old), feel free to tell me in the comments!


Storybound by Marissa Burt
Publish Date: April 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
A real world girl stumbles into a land made-up entirely of fairy tales. Now she has to discover what her place in all of it is. I'm looking forward to this one because I love fairy tales and this one is going to involve all those elements with a twist mixed into it all.


Neversink by Barry Wolverton
Publish Date: March 27, 2012
Publisher: Walden Pond Press
I'm not going to lie, the adorable cover is one of the big reasons I want to read this one. Plus, it has cute talking animals. It's almost impossible to go wrong with talking animals.


The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
Publish Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
This book is said to be inspired by The Secret Garden which I find incredibly intriguing. Not to mention secret rooms, mysterious noises, and a strange uncle. This has all the makings of a good MG.


The Cabinet of Earths by Anne Nesbet
Publish Date: January 3, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
I am totally digging the magical realism vibe you get from Middle Grades. This one is certain to no different either, I mean, it has a magical underground Paris for goodness' sake! It's nearly impossible to go wrong with that.


Above World by Jenn Reese
Publish Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Candlewick Press
I'm pretty sure the last book I read about an underwater world that wasn't all about mermaids was the second Pendragon book (does anyone else remember those?). I'm really looking forward to seeing what Reese does with the creation of her underwater world.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the one set in Paris. It looks so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for MG! Glad you're excited about STORYBOUND - can't wait for you to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these all look fabulous, of course. there's a ton of MG books i want to read now and next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]