April 13, 2012

My Current Obsession: Roswell


This has absolutely nothing to do with books, so if you aren't interested, you've now been warned.

I'm obsessed with television. There, I said it. I'm not even ashamed either. If I'm not reading or blogging, I'm likely watching tv. Sometimes I even do all three at once! Usually, though, all three are constantly warring for my attention. I just can't help it :P

Anyhow, since I have such an intense love for all things tv I figured, hey, why not share it here? For now, this will be a sporadic feature spotlighting whatever my newest obsession of the week is.

This week's obsession:
Roswell
IMDB description: Living among the citizens of the infamous New Mexico city of Roswell are some who are not there by choice. They are there to follow a destiny given to them by the members of their dying race, a race that they are someday destined to save.






I put this show in my Netflix queue ages ago, but only started watching it at the beginning of this year when I didn't have cable anymore and needed something to watch while Husband was at work. Boy, am I glad I finally got around to watching this show. It is absolutely fantastic.

You'd probably think a show about aliens would be incredibly cheesy and possibly gory, right? Well, you'd be totally and completely wrong with that mindset. Roswell is like an amazing teenage show with all the angst and kissing and relationships mixed in with a little bit of the "unexplained" though, luckily, most of it is explained in the end.

The plot is insane and throughout all three seasons I continued to be interested. Usually when you watch a series the second or third or whatever season just isn't that good, but I can honestly say that this entire series is fantastic. And when I finished watching the last episode I started crying because I was devastated it was over.

One thing I really loved was that the characters weren't hopping around from one love interest to another. I don't want to give to much away, but it was refreshing to see teens actually be interested in one person instead of just jumping at whoever came along next.

If you have Netflix, you should definitely give this show a chance. Just watch a couple episodes and try to tell me you're not hooked.

3 comments:

  1. My husband is trying to get me into that show. I watched one episode I like it but now I can't remember why I didn't watch more. Probably got distracted. Totally on my to watch list this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Roswell when it aired on TV back when I was in high school, and it was awesome! I had completely forgotten that Katherine Heigel was in it until years later. I remember cutting Roswell adds out of magazines and pasting them to my wall (my walls were covered in pages from magazines). I do kind of want to go back and rewatch this one. Yay instant! Have you tried Supernatural? It's on instant as well, and really good for at least 4-5 seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Supernatural yet, but I've heard it's good. I'll go add it to my queue :]

      Delete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]