April 27, 2012

TGIF {24} Reading Slump

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. Each week she poses a question and everyone is invited to join in and share their answers :]

This week's question
Reading Blues: We all get them from time to time. What helps you overcome those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?


If I'm in a serious slump then sometimes I'll just cold-turkey it and not read anything for a little while. Instead I'll spend hours upon hours playing video games :P It works for me. Sometimes I just spend 3 days or so straight on whatever game is my current obsession.


Sometimes I'll just go ahead and read a book, but I likely won't spend a lot of times on it because when I'm in a slump just about everything distracts me. I like to keep reading when I'm in a slump, but I'm also afraid of not giving a book a fair chance. Sometimes when I'm slumpy nothing is good enough.

1 comment:

  1. Great tip of doing something different like playing a video game, or even just any other hobby! Sometimes when I am in a slump, I sort of step away from reading a real book and sometimes pick up a magazine. Anything to get back into the mood to keep reading!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]