April 4, 2012

Cover Lover {39}

Of course we all know you should never judge a book by its cover, but do we ever really listen to that?
Cover Lover showcases eye catching, intriguing, and beautiful covers.






This week's Cover Lover goes to The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairlyand in a Ship of Her own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
Publish Date: May 10, 2011
Middle grade books often hold a quality that simply can't be found in YA or Adult. Whimsical is probably the word I'd go with, but it's seems as if there's something else too. I love the red and gold in this cover and the fact the picture just takes up a small portion. I love the dragon and the puffy clouds and the tiny girld holding a key as large as herself.

3 comments:

  1. Great feature! I really like this cover for the same reasons, especially the little girl with the big key! The title is really intriguing... Thanks for sharing! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this cover sooooooooo much. I love ALL of the art in this book. I CANNOT WAIT to see the cover of the next one. One of my all time favorites, such a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES a thousand times YES! I ADORE this cover. I checked this out from the library once but didn't get to it before it had another person put it on hold so I had to turn it back in. It's high on my TBR though. This has been my favorite of your cover picks so far, Jasmine!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]