January 31, 2013

January Update: Books, books, books, and cute Pugsy

One of my resolutions this year was to start putting more of myself in my blog so I thought a good start would be monthly updates. They'll mostly be about whatever happened to me during the month worth noting (and some not :P) plus my newest favorites books and otherwise. Jaime at The Perpetual Page-Turner inspired me to do these with her awesome Monthly Rewind posts.

The month as described by Doctor Who:
That would be me and the 24th, a.k.a my last day at Unnamed Theater Company a.k.a the day before ALA.

Some Happenings:
>Did "Christmas" with my husband's family. December was so crazy we weren't able to get together until the beginning of January, but it was worth the wait. My awesome mother-in-law got me some books that I squeed over, among other things.

>I attended my first book conference. I know ALA Midwinter is smaller and more low-key than others, but I really enjoyed being able to talk with some of the publishers (Little Brown and Macmillan are awesome) and the crowds were still a little itnense for me. I also got to spend time with all the lovely Seattle bloggers which was fantastic :] I could post book haul pictures and whatnot, but I think these are better:


>Finished my Unnamed Theater Company job. Guys, I swear it was sucking out my soul. Give me a nice, cozy little bookstore and I'll happily work away. Just...don't make me go back.

>Got a new haircut. It's kind of weird having so much of my hair gone since it's been long for a few years now. I like it, though :] 


January wasn't really an eventful month, but I'm a-okay with that.

Some Current Favorites:

>Hansen's Soda. Guys, this stuff is clean and delicious. It's exactly what it says it is and that's that. The Mandarin Lime I had the other day was clear instead of bright orange! Seriously, it's all the soda with less guilt (I mean, it is still sugary :P) The Pomegranate flavor only has 5 ingredients (the others might as well, but this one is currently in front of my face so I can say for sure.) 

>My tiny giraffe necklace. It was my first Etsy purchase and it is awesome. I got quite a few compliments on it at ALA :] Shop I got it from.

>Sweaters. I mean, I've always kind of been obsessed with sweaters, but it's gotten so much worse this past month. I practically live in them and whenever I go to Forever 21 I have to resist the urge to buy ALL OF THE sweaters. And there are a lot.

Doctor & TARDIS <3
Source
>My husband decided to start watching Doctor Who so I'm having fun rewatching with him and seeing him experience it all for the first time.

>Audiobooks. Okay, I've only finished the first disk of the first Percy Jackson book, but I'm really liking it. I don't really know that I have the attention span for something I haven't read before, but it's definitely great for rereads!

>Song:

>Show: Haven't watched much, so I'll stick with Doctor Who.
>Movie: Tie between Pitch Perfect and Life of Pie
>Book: Apparently I've only read 7 books this month and I loved 4 of them :P 1) Splintered by A.G. Howard, 2) The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd, 3) Drama by Raina Telgemeir, and 4) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan


Looking to February:

>The husband and I finally decided to get a cat and we're planning to adopt one when we go down to visit family :D
>Also, I'm getting new glasses which means I'll be able to see things again. Woo!

Pugsy of the Month:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT DOCTOR TARDIS ART SO MUCH!!! Also your hair looks super cute, and grats on being done with soul sucking job. I've had those my friend. I'm excited for you guys to get a kitteh! I hope you find a sweet one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Hansen's. And I really ought to watch Doctor Who.

    And, echoing Heidi, congratulations on being done with the soul sucking job!!

    It was great meeting you at the ALA blogger meetup (me: tall shy person in pink sweater. :)) That was the first thing of its kind I've ever attended, so it was fun to find a few people to talk to and learn from.

    Happy cat adopting! My husband and I have a young tortoiseshell named Maia, and she's an endless source of amusement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR BEING DONE WITH THE JOB! *THROWS CONFETTI* I love your hair! And I am also obsessed with that Ed Sheeran song. The music video is pretty much my favorite thing ever. I don't know why I love it so much, but...the cat. I can't even. I just love it.
    Speaking of cats...awww, you're getting one! That's awesome. :)

    -Rachel

    (Also, I am plotting ways to steal that necklace from you...Which you should obviously take as a serious threat seeing as I live ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, A) I'm jealous that you went to ALA. I think I might try to go next year because it's going to be in Philly. B) Your giraffe necklace is SO. CUTE. Etsy has become an obsession for me, I can browse it for hours. And C) Ed Sheeran! I actually just saw him at Radio City on Wednesday and he was, as ever, amazing. If you have the chance check him out live. As good as he is on the album, he is a million times better live. Just so, so talented.

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]