March 30, 2013

March update: Sun!

This month as described by My Little Pony:
For once, it's actually becoming spring in western Washington. In March. I'm a winter girl, but I love me some 70 degree sun.

Some Happenigs:
- Met Erika
Erika of Rescue Reads and her family were visiting Seattle, so I got to hang out with her for a couple hours. Yay for meeting bloggers IRL!
- I eat oatmeal now
Here's the deal: I've always hated oatmeal. Occasionally I'd get a craving for it so I'd make some, eat two bites, then give it to someone else because it turned out, yes, I did still hate oatmeal. This month, though, we had a crap-ton of it around the house, so I decided "it's healthy, so what the hey." And I didn't hate it! (Yes, this counts as an event in my month.)

Still working on this one.
-Acquired 2 new bookshelves
When we moved in I had one rinky dink bookshelf. It filled up quickly. Then I got a bigger one and somehow managed to fill #1 up with so much crap there wasn't any room for books anymore so bookshelf #2 filled quickly. I even stacked extra books all the way to the ceiling from the top of #2. So, as you ca see, new bookshelves were necessary. Sadly, I now have no more room for bookshelves.

- Dark Days stop
There isn't enough room to
take proper pictures.

Sadly, I didn't get any pictures (there were a lot of people,) but I had a really good time. Claudia Gray, Debra Driza, Dan Wells, Kiersten White, and Lauren Oliver were all in attendance, and I'm not going to lie, they were all kind of hilarious.

- Decided to start taking care of my skin.
Which basically means that I spent about $100 on products in one day.

- Had an interview, didn't get it
And in disappointing news, I had an interview with Seattle's biggest indie and didn't get it. Still, I'm happy to have gotten an interview at such a great place.

Some current favorites:
Music: I was on a Youtube kick this month, so we have:





Show(s): The anime of the month was Aquarion. Basically, it's about a futuristic world ruled by winged creatures and the teens who use mecha to defeat them and take back the Earth. It's not the best thing ever, but I did get really invested in the characters and their relationships.
90210. Sort of. Kind of. I decided to watch the 2 1/2 seasons I've missed, but I found myself really frustrated with the stupidity of the characters. Yet, I couldn't stop watching partly because it's hard to stop and partly because I feel obligated to finish since it ends this year.

Movie: The Legend of the Guardians

Book(s): Also Known As by Robin Benway, The Fellowship for Alien Detection by Kevin Emerson, and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

2 comments:

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]