November 25, 2011

2012 Books I'm Excited For (Series Edition)

There are SO many books I'm excited for in the coming year. I decided to do a little mini-series until the end of the year about all the books I'm looking forward to in 2012. This week's theme is Series.
Oh my goodness, there are a ton of sequels/books-in-a-series I'm excited for, and the list would be even longer had I read more of the 2011 debuts on my TBR. I'll see if I can keep this post from being a mile long :P


Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand
Publish Date: January 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
I super loved Unearthly and since I read sometime during the summer, I've been looking forward to book two. The first was such a change from other angel books and hoping Hallowed keeps that uniqueness up :]



Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano
Publish Date: February 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Wither didn't leave us on too much of a cliffhanger, but that doesn't mean I wasn't left wanting more. The writing was just so beautiful and I'm really hoping to learn more about the dystopian world.


Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
Publish Date: March 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Oh. My. Gosh. That cliffhanger, seriously?!? I was bawling my eyes, barely able to read the pages, and then suddenly BAM, it was over. Needless to say, I need some more Lena, Alex, and deliria in my life, like, right now.


Fear (Gone #5) by Michael Grant
Publish Date: April 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
This series! I love this series so. Freaking. Much. I'm pretty sure I could never express my love for this series properly. Every book always leaves off on a cliffhanger, so I'm dying for the next one, of course. Like seriously, how can it get better than a dystopian with zero adults, superpowers, and evil forces? Please, I beg you, read this series.


Thumped (Bumped #2) by Megan McCafferty
Publish Date: April 2012
Publisher: Blazer + Bray
Bumped was a refreshing dystopian. It wasn't at all dark despite the serious nature of the world. I look forward to jumping back in that world!


Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
Publish Date: May 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Another dystopian series that I'm in love with. Are we surprised? Divergent absolutely broke my heart and I'm hoping Insurgent will mend it. I really want to learn more about the other factions since the ones which Tris doesn't belong to don't really get talked about.


Body and Soul (The Ghost and the Goth #3) by Stacey Kade
Publish Date: May 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
I don't hear people talk about this series often, but I really enjoy it. I'm so in love with Will (the goth) and I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans Alona (the ghost) and him get into (and out of) in this one. I'm not usually all about the romance, but I love reading about Will and Alona's relationship :]




Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White
Publish Date: July 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
I adore this series! Evie and Lend...*sigh* For reals, though, I love how different this series is than other paranormals. Evie's not afraid to love pink and still kick-butt. She's not all "oh, help me, save me, woe is me" which is awesome. Plus, they're funny! When have you found a paranormal that was actually funny for more than 2 seconds?


Cover not final
The Kill Order (Maze Runner #0.5) by James Dashner
Publish Date: August 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
I'm sooooo excited for this one! I was quite content with how the Maze Runner series ended, but I'm hoping that this prequel will answer even more of the questions I was left with.


The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
Publish Date: September 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
Eeeeeep!! Percy Jackson is the absolute bomb, I am not even kidding. This is the third book in the series and I'm really hoping we get Annabeth's point of view in this one.






Envy (Fury #2) by Elizabeth Miles
Publish Date: October 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Books
I was super happy when I found out Fury was a part of a series. I really enjoyed that subtle creepy factor and the ending really left me wanting more.










1 comment:

  1. LOVED this post! tons of these are on my list too. Especially Insurgent and Pandemonium!

    BUT mostly, THE KILL ORDER! I didn't even know this was happening! and i LOVED the Maze Runner Trilogy but was always just so confused and still kind of confused when it was over! hopefully this will give us some answers!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]