November 28, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {6} + Tune in Tuesday {10}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a category and everyone participating lists their "Top Ten" in that category.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter

1. Cute Holiday RomComs
Yeah, I know that's a cop-out pick, but I'm counting it. There's just so many that it would fill up my entire top ten :P Examples: Snowed In, Icing on the Lake, Snow in Love, and Secret Santa

2. Winter's Kiss bindup: The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols and The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Catherine Hapka
 This one kind of fits in with the category above, but I wanted to list it since it's coming out as cool new bindup in January :] Plus, I really need to read more Echols.

3. Let it Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle
I've been wanting to read this one for so long. I've finally decided that it's going to happen this winter. It simply must, especially since I haven't read any Maureen Johnson other than 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I haven't read any John Green whatsoever. I know, I'm a horrible book lover.

4. Bonechiller by Graham McNamee
And now I'm completely switching gears and throwing a scary book out there. Sometimes you just need a good scare on a cold day.

5. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
What could be more winter appropriate than a story based off the Snow Queen fairy tale?

6. Neversink by Barry Wolvertin
Okay, this one doesn't actually come out until March, but since that's still basically winter in Washington, it totally counts. Plus, it's set in the arctic and has both a walrus and a puffin. How cute is that?

7. The Search for Wondla by Tony DiTerlizzi
Keeping with the middle grade theme (yes, a couple books in a row constitutes a theme) we have winter book basically because of the cover :P I don't have enough information to go off of to figure out the weather, but what the hey? I'm going to put it on this list and you're going to deal :P

 8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Though this one takes place in a fictional place, it gets to count since it's around November (or at least partly). I love Maggie's writing and have really been looking forward to reading this one. Sadly, the mail has been stupid for about two weeks or so now and I still don't have it :[

9. Wintertown by Stephen Emond
First, I'm completely in love with this cover! It's so different and unique. This probably wouldn't usually be my type of read, but I've been hearing good things and I'm always intrigued by books with pictures. I don't have to explain the wintery-ness of this one though, do I? I mean, it's right there in the name...

10. Struck (Stupid Cupid bindup) by Rhonda Stapleton
And now I'm going to completely jump ahead to Valentine's Day. Come on, we all know this cover is cute. Who wouldn't want to read it? Plus it's about a matchmaking girl who's actually a cupid.



Tune in Tuesday is hosted by the awesome Ginger at Greads.




O Holy Night - He Is We
I had to include the one Christmas song my favorite band ever has done :]

Little Drummer Boy - The Almost
I am so completely in love with this video and their version of the song. It was never one of my favorite Christmas songs and then The Almost came out with their remake a couple years ago and it was instantly put on replay.






7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i loved scorpio races. i read it a couple weeks ago. it's worth waiting for...e ven though i'm sure youre impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I read Let it Snow two years ago, but want to reread it this December. I also have Icing on the Lake and Snowed In on my shelf... this post is a good reminder that I should read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw He is We in concert..they were great and I loved loved the Little Drummer Boy by the Almost..it was great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning "Let It Snow". I'm going to add it to my wish list right now. It's so hard to find good books centered on the holidays or winter. I'm still working on that. :) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breadcrumbs and Let It Snow are both fabulous! Enjoy!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read The Scorpio Races soon! Been lacking some Maggie Stiefvater in my life :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]