November 8, 2011

Mark It {1}


Mark It is a new weekly feature here at A Room with Books inspired by Makeshift Bookmark. It will feature all things bookmarks with topics ranging from some that I think are funny/interesting/cool to DIY bookmarks to things I find in library/used books.

This week I'm featuring some of my favorite bookmarks that live in my little bookmark can :]

First up, my bookmark holder:
Yeah, those stickers go all the way around my mini-can (which was once Folger's). I had an obsession with collecting those stickers from quarter machines when I was in middle school and at some point I stuck them all to this can and now they're just there :P

Now for some of my favorite bookmarks all the way from my elementary years to now:


Left to right
1) This is a wooden "bookworm". He has a cute little face and everything, though I've always been a little afraid to use it because it's so awesome and I don't want to break it :P
2) I got this cute guy at Half Price earlier this summer. I used it for a whole month without losing it, which, if you know me, is an incredibly feat! Another awesome thing about it? I supported WWF by buying it. Booyah!
3) This little guy, if you can't tell, used to be a frog. Do I really need to explain the awesomeness of a frog bookmark? Although he does have another awesome little thing about him. He used to say "Book It" but it got all rubbed off from use. Did anyone else have Book It or was that just me?
4) Not only does this have a super cute cat, but it also has my favorite quote ever (also the inspiration for my blog name): "A room without books is like a body without a soul."
5) This used to be my absolute favorite bookmark as a kid. You can't really tell, but it's a bunch of colorful beads on some clear, stretchy string stuff. You're supposed to wrap it around the book so that the clear bead-less part sits in between the two pages your on. Sorry if I'm a little confusing.
6) This one has the same quote as #4, but I also really love the design. The only thing that's odd, is it credits some other person for the quote besides Cicero. But it's just so pretty I don't want to get rid of it :P

And that's all I have this week. If you have any suggestion or find bookmarks or bookmark related things, send them my way at jasmineroster(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]