November 11, 2011

TGIF {7}


TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. Each week she poses a question and everyone is invited to join in and share their answers :]


This week's question:
Love-Hate Relationship: Which characters from a book do you love to hate?




Warren (Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi)
I haven't quite decided if I love him or hate him. There's a little something about him that just inspires sympathy instead of hate, but there's a whole lot more that just inspires disgust. He makes my skin crawl with his double-edged words.

Arianna (Private/Privilege series by Kate Brian)
This girl is a wacko. She has kind of a creepy vibe about her even before you discover she's a certified nut-job. It's really not hard to hate her as she's basically heartless. She'd off you in a heartbeat if you were standing in the way of something she wanted, even if you didn't know you were in the way. What's funny, though, is even though she's really easy to hate, sometimes she's pretty darn easy to sympathize with as well, at least in the Privilege series.

Caine and Drake (Gone series by Michael Grant)Caine has his moments, but mostly these two are both horrid characters. Both have no problems murdering kids (yeah, there's a lot of death in these books) and are just generally a little creepy. Despite my revulsion (or maybe because of it?) I'm always glued to the pages wondering what they'll do next. It's like a train wreck, that sick fascination of watching something horrible happen and no matter how hard you try, you can't tear your eyes away.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of these series but I can totally understand why you'd hate Caine and Drake! They murder kids? That is crazy. My friend has this series, I will have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen so many people say Warner from Shatter Me! I can't wait to read it and hate him too *lol*

    My latest posts: TGIF / Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]