November 4, 2011

Book Art

Book art has been popping up all over the place recently. I've seen everything from sculptures to dresses and I find it all fascinating. I know sometimes it can be kind of hard to see books used in such a way when you're a book lover, but how can you not think these are awesome?

I love that this one is 1)cut from that very book and 2) is a sculpture about a book from a book. It's kind of mind-boggling.

This one is awesome for obvious reasons. I mean, it's a giant octopus (a kracken?).


I love the way you're looking in on this one and how whole pieces are kept in place.


This is a DRESS! Seriously, it has to me one of the coolest dresses on the planet and I totally wish I had it. Although it wouldn't be very good on a rainy day :P

I've actually seen quite a few of these word ones, but they're really neat. I actually saw some that said "Twilight" and "Eclipse" and it was extra cool since they were made from those books.


I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the screen, but this one is absolutely awesome. Not only is it fantastic on its own, but it has some good symbolism going for it too.

And as if that wasn't enough, there are some really amazing things here: More Cool Paper Stuff

2 comments:

  1. These are incredibly! Someone has some amazing talent. I like the octopus one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing! My favourite has to be the dress :) But the octopus and the words are so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]