November 29, 2011

2012 YA Contemporary Challenge



The 2012 Contemporary YA Challenge is hosted by (my awesome big sis) Katie of Katie's Book Blog and Angela at Reading Angel. The books for the challenge must be published in 2012. The three levels are 5, 10, or 15+. (That was a pretty bad summary of the challenge, so you should definitely check out the main post :P)

At first I didn't really think I'd be able to do a contemporary challenge since I very rarely read them. I figured I'd look at my list of to-read 2012 debuts to figure out what level I'd be able to commit to. I checked my list thinking there'd be maybe five contemporaries, but to my surprise, there was 11 just on my debut to-reads alone. Needless to say, I felt like superman after that and signed up for the full 15+ :P

My tentative list of to-reads:
1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
2. Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
3. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
5. Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
6. Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
7. Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
8. 52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody
9. Seven Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker
10. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
11. The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams
12. Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
13. The Darlings in Love by Melissa Kantor
14. Life is But a Dream by Brian James
15. The Boy on Cinnamon Street by Phoebe Stone

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up, little sib! You have some great books on your list. I can't wait to see what you think of them all and I am so glad you are planning to read more contemporary books next year. Happy reading and have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go superman!! LOL Thanks for signing up!

    ReplyDelete

I adore all the comments you write. They totally make my day :]